Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wanderland

My wonderful friend Bryn and some of her friends up in the boonies where she lives started developing a wonderful universe what combined Wonderland, (ie, Alice in) and the idea of the Seven levels of hell / Limbo.

So basically (what I understand from Bryn's excited rambling (I love you Bryn)) all the characters in Wanderland are people who, in life, deserved to go to one of the circles of hell. They wind up in this world, where instead of seven levels, there are four "courts", each ruled by a queen of a different suit, and each with a different degree of severity. The Wanderers have the ability to travel between courts, if they work together.

There are a ton of different elements that she's still explaining to me, slash working on with me- such as the importance of each characters clock (watch, time piece, hourglass- etc), and the ramifications when one breaks or loses it, as well as these creepy creatures which are the antagonist monster things. The description she gave made me think of these---------------------------->

So anyway. I decided the whole idea was a great idea for a comic, so I have been working on designing various parts of it.


 Chesh- the character Bryn apparently designed with an idea of me behind it... can't say I'm not flattered... <3 Based on the Cheshire cat, she is sly, manipulative, cunning, and finds everything to be delightfully amusing.
 Hadder and Clubs: Hadder is obviously based on the Hatter. His whole character is that his clock has been shattered, and therefore lost the rest of his marbles. He's kind of selfish and manipulative, as well as totally nuts. 
Clubs (lower left) is one of the queens of the courts, the youngest, and also most psycho.
This is just a page I threw together to show a little of the court they were in, and this introduces Lux, who is based on the White Rabbit. In this particular scene, he is looking for Alan (based on Alice- woo gender change!) and thinks Chesh either TOOK him- or has some idea of where he is.

I have more than just three images saved on my computer at home, but I'm working off of whatever I had on Facebook.

Woooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment