Sunday, February 10, 2013

A work in Progress

The assignment this time in Painting is to do a copy of a famous figure-painter. I picked Alphonse Mucha because I love him. I love him so very much.

And yet I want to kill him. 1 million years dungeon. His work is so flat looking... and yet there are smooth shifts from YELLOW TO BLUE. I mean, WHAT? And then there's all the intricate detail.... I might die. I'll just die, that will be easier than finishing this painting on time.



I know, right? Here, they look awesome. Here, they look like I'm almost done! Everything's fine, she's amazing!

WRONG.

Here's what it's SUPPOSED to look like. I have so much work ahead of me... and so much color to remove...

Now. Let me introduce you to the two greatest artists I've ever had the pleasure of knowing on a somewhat personal (acquaintance... maybe almost friend) level. 

This is Dean. He's only two years older than me, and yet his work is so amazing and detailed and beautiful... I want to kick him. But, of course, he's super nice and says my art is good too, so I hold in my violent urges.

This is Yelena. She's from russia, and she's much older than me- and therefore has an extremely unfair advantage. Her artwork has been so meticulous and beautiful that I've literally stared at it for extended amounts of time, and debated paying her for it. She's ridiculous  I want to be her. She's also super nice, and therefore makes it really hard for me to hate her.



No comments:

Post a Comment