Sunday, May 8, 2011

Home Stretch!

So it's finals week!!!

... Yayy...?
Yeah. That's my room after taking down all my awesome posters. Moving out soon. Huurp derp.

Poor Justin has to get up early enough to take the 7:30 bus to Portland for an 8 AM final. That would kill me. Heck, it'll kill him. I'll try to help.

So remember my self portrait? The one that looked like this?
People loved it. My Teacher was like "wow, you're so talented. You have a real gift for Drawing." ...did I mention that she can't seem to remember that I'm an art major? When she was going over my Portfolio, she asked me about 6 times if I was an art major in about 2 minutes. 

Anyway, that self portrait also warranted over 15 comments on Facebook, my mutual friend Sabel telling me in passing that she loved it, and my friend Katie telling me she would frame it and put it up in her apartment.

Is it just me that thinks the actual use of tools was mediocre? Nobody seems to care that the ink work is terrible. They just like the content, and the fact that it really looks like me, I guess.

I don't know. I haven't been drawing as much as I would like lately. But I went to Free Comic Day at Casablanca comics with my friends! :) Also they have a comic festival coming up on May 22nd :D I'm so there. I hope I get the skills to be a comic artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment