Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I DREW A THING


Look at it

LOOK AT IT

Okay. I'm sure what most of you see is another figure drawing. "Aileen, we know you're good at those. This one is good, too."

But all I can see is her head and neck and face and shoulders, and GAHD. I'M SO PROUD. I also like how I did her torso. And legs. and foot. ...Hell, I think I drew her really well. 

We had two models simultaneously that day, but I couldn't help and focus more on one than the other.


See? In the top one, I was all about her gorgeousness, and in this one I couldn't help but focus on his.

HE HAS A VERY ROMAN FACE. 

This is a model you all have seen me work with in the past.


This guy.

Very strong brow, straight nose, scruffy face, generally handsome.

(I like drawing him.)

Anyway. I did more than just those two drawings, I had some homework I had to do. The assignment was "Take quick drawings we did in class, and work them for exactly thirty minutes."


You recognize this one. It's not too old.


A bunch of gesture drawings.


And this one... I didn't really like it before...

And I still don't. Ew. I don't like how I handled her race or the hand or ANYTHING.

But the continuous line drawings I did were pretty cool.

AND THEN-




TA DAAA!

CERAMICS!

This pot is so tall.

SO TALL.

But I didn't mess it up!

YES!

And last but not least:


SHUT UP I'M REALLY PROUD OF IT, OKAY?!



No comments:

Post a Comment