Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Glazing, round one




These are my first three ceramics projects pre-glaze firing. They had already been fired once, making them glazable, but they weren't done. The glazes went one and I thought they looked lame... the "clear glaze" went on completely white, but I knew their chemical structure would change in extreme heat. I took this picture and left them to be fired.


And BAM! They came out SO COOL! I mean, I would think anything that comes out shiny cool. I'm basically just super excited to use things I made at home.


This is what the Brown Sugar jar looked like before I glazed it- I had put a purple endgobe on it. 



And this is what it looked like after it was fired AND glazed. I don't know what happened, but the endgobe was smeared all around and turned a really dark color. I like it. It looks aged. It's so cool.


Eatin' cereal out of the bowl I made. Aww yiss.


This is my next project. I want to make it a giant flower, basically.


It's so huge. I'm terrified.

And I was practicing my throwing, too. I made these two (almost) straight cylinders. They're six inches tall each.


I threw a bowl, too- but I don't have a picture of that.


And then I had some fun drawing a model named Nora the other day. Experimental drawing to the max.



And then some... not quite so experimental.


And there's my past two days. I also just took a test in my ITT course, that I'm fairly confident I aced. Woot woot.






No comments:

Post a Comment