Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Well that was awkward.

So our model was late.

Finally, my teacher asks (name changed, just in case) "Does anyone know our model?"

"Who is it?" I reply.

"Amanda."

"Amandaaaaaa...?"

"Amanda Smith."

"AMANDA SMITH! I totally DO know her! I don't have her number, though. ...this is going to be interesting."

Yeah.

She was fine with me drawing her, though. So it was okay.


It was really awesome to draw someone who wasn't just a boring stick skinny girl my age. I mean, I draw and paint Mary the Model, so she's my practice for old women, but "Amanda" was differently sized. It was actually really interesting to draw her. She was also very confident with her figure, despite it not being 'mainstream'. 

Go "Amanda." I'll probably draw you again someday.


This is a painting I did of Mary the Model. Just a reminder for ya. Of who she is.

Also I wanted to show off this painting again.


And, over the course of the semester, I will be doing more Noir drawing work, like Frank Miller. 
This is a copy from a panel in one of his books.
This is going to be fun.


I will try to keep you up to speed on my Ceramics work as well. I tried to use the pottery wheel today. It was HARD.

BUT I AM DETERMINED.



No comments:

Post a Comment